2020 Honda FourTrax Foreman 4x4 EPS
2019 Model Shown
Specifications subject to change without notice. Honda's fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors. Suggested Retail Price (SRP) excludes destination charge. Visit powersports.honda.com to view applicable destination charge amount.
Introducing the New, Bigger, Stronger Foreman.
The Honda FourTrax Foreman is our flagship model when it comes to work. And when the workday's done, plenty of riders think it's perfect for having some fun, too. For 2020 we've made this great ATV even better, by giving it a bigger, 518cc engine, and lots of other upgrades like new front and rear racks, an easier-to-use reverse system, fresh new styling, a handy new utility box, and more. There are three models to choose from, all featuring a swingarm rear suspension that's perfect for hard work or towing. Looking for an IRS model? Then check out our Foreman Rubicon models.
Important Safety Information: Recommended for riders 16 years of age and older. Honda recommends that all ATV riders take a training course and read their owner's manual thoroughly.
New, Bigger 518cc Engine: All of our 2020 Foreman models feature a new, larger engine with more horsepower and torque for better overall performance. This increased power also gives it better hill-climbing ability. Bottom line: We took our hardest-working ATV and made it even stronger and tougher!
Locking Front Differentia: The Honda Foreman features a front differential so you can make the most of available traction. TraxLok lets you switch between two-wheel drive and four-wheel drive with the push of a button. You can even completely lock the front differential and drive full power to all four wheels. This comes in real handy when you're in rocky, swampy or uneven terrain.
New, Improved Reverse Controls: On our Electric Shift Program model (ESP), we've made the 2020 Foreman's reverse controls easier to use. It's a big improvement we're proud of, and you're sure to appreciate it too.
Takes a Beating, So You Don't Have To: Our Foreman 4x4 models with swingarm rear suspension give you a solid rear axle design so it's strong with less body squat when towing. Add the Foreman's comfortable saddle and superior ergonomics, and you can feel good all-day tackling your favorite trails or your toughest chores.
Rack 'Em Up: The Foreman models feature rugged front and rear racks, but now there's a twist: They incorporate panels and receivers that integrate with our all new Honda Pro-Connect™ system. Want to add a cargo box or other accessories quickly? Now it's as simple as snapping a couple of latches. Smart.
- New, Bigger 518cc Engine: We gave the FourTrax Foreman a bigger engine this year, thanks to a 4mm increase in bore size. The result? More horsepower, more torque, and even better overall performance. The increased power also gives your Foreman better hill-climbing ability.
- New Electric Reverse: Available on our Electric Shift Program (ESP) model, this single lever is a big improvement when it comes to convenience and ease of operation. It's especially useful when you have to shift from forward to reverse repeatedly, like when you're plowing snow.
- New 1.9-liter Front Utility Box: The perfect size for small items you want to access quickly—like a cell phone, GPS, or a spare pair of gloves.
- New Front and Rear Cargo Racks: The Foreman's racks feature strong, steel construction, but now they include a larger flat area. Better yet, they're designed to integrate with our new Honda Pro-Connect™ system. You can quickly attach and detach accessories like our cargo boxes, without tools, for added flexibility and convenience.
- Wider Front Driveshaft Guards: Designed to add even more coverage to the Foreman's front axles and outboard CV joints, the new guards are another example of how Honda engineers strive to constantly keep improving one of the best ATVs on the planet.
- New Assist Headlight: We're talking about the Foreman's third headlight here—the one that turns with the handlebar. We've upped the power for 2020 to 50 watts, and updated the styling too.
- Styling: Our Foreman models' bodywork still gives these ATVs a tough look that's designed to last, shrugging off the scrapes and dings of the job or the woods. But now they look even better, with new color choices, crisp, bold lines and powerful, all-new graphics that really make a statement.
- Liquid Cooling: Our time-tested Honda engine is liquid-cooled to provide more consistent operating temperatures and more power than a comparable air-cooled engine. This adds up to better performance and longer engine life.
- Electric Power Steering (EPS): Both speed- and torque-sensitive, Honda's Electric Power Steering (on Foreman EPS models) excels at reducing steering effort and kickback through the handlebar. It's a big help when riding in ruts, over rocks or on long side hills. A specially engineered mounting system for the EPS unit increases strength and rigidity.
- TraxLok: Our rock-solid TraxLok system lets you select either 2WD or 4WD, giving you the freedom to choose between lighter steering (in 2WD) and maximizing available traction (in 4WD) when you need it most.
- Electronic Differential Lock: When you're in 4WD mode and you need to get the power to both front wheels, just flip the switch on the electronic differential lock to maximize available traction. The vehicle display will tell you when the diff lock is fully engaged.
- Available Electric Shift Program (ESP): Upshifting and downshifting has never been this easy: With Honda's optional ESP system, you get the ease of push-button shifting with the strength of a conventional transmission. To shift up or down all you have to do is push one of two handlebar-mounted buttons. Since there's no foot-shift lever, ESP is also a bonus when riding in heavy mud- or snow-covered boots.
- Semi-Dry-Sump Engine Design: Compact and light-weight, the Foreman's overhead-valve, semi-dry-sump design creates an engine that's not only shorter from top to bottom, but one that enhances handling by lowering the center of gravity and increasing ground clearance.
- Fuel Injection: By incorporating an oxygen sensor into the system, the Foreman delivers both better fuel efficiency and lower emissions. The ECU instantly adjusts the fuel injection mapping to match riding conditions for maximum fuel efficiency. The result: more time on the trail and more money in your pocket.
- Longitudinal Engine Layout: By orienting the engine crankshaft front to back, we route the flow of power straight to the wheels without any unnecessary right-angle detours, reducing powertrain friction and putting more grunt to the ground.
- Comfortable Seat: A plush seat and open rider triangle (bars/seat/pegs) teams up with the suspension to really treat you right. Superior ergonomics have always been a Honda priority, and the Foreman is no exception. With thick, soft foam, it's supremely comfortable.
- Swingarm Suspension: The Foreman 4x4 rear swingarm with its solid axle provides superior capability for towing and hauling. Its long suspension stroke and plush seat let you tackle your favorite trail or the toughest chores in comfort all day long.
- 35W Headlights: Your exploring or work doesn't have to stop when the sun goes down. Powerful twin headlights offer excellent illumination for the task at hand.
- Powerful Alternator Output: An alternator offering extra output means the Foreman is capable of handling more of your accessory power needs.
- Digital Meter: In addition to the basics, the Foreman's instrument panel offers extra information: a clock, water temperature gauge, our “maintenance minder" system and indicator for the electronic differential lock.
- Easy Service Access: The Foreman's body styling is not only aggressive, it's functional. It features a tank and side covers that come off in one piece and without using any tools. That means quick and easy access to the engine.
- Superior Cargo Capacity: With strong, steel cargo racks front and rear, both offering increased flat surface area than earlier models, the Foreman is ready to carry what you need.
- Engine Type: 518cc liquid-cooled OHV longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 96mm x 71.5mm
- Induction: PGM-FI
- Ignition: Full-transistorized type with electronic advance
- Starter: Electric with optional auxiliary recoil
- Compression Ratio: 9.5:1
- Clutch: Automatic
- Transmission: Five-speed with Reverse
- Driveline: Direct front and rear driveshafts with TraxLok and front differential lock
- Front Suspension: Independent double-wishbone; 7.28 inches of travel
- Rear Suspension: Swingarm with single shock; 7.28 inches of travel
- Front Brakes: Dual hydraulic 190mm disc
- Rear Brakes: Sealed 160mm mechanical drum
- Front Tires: 25 x 8-12
- Rear Tires: 25 x 10-12
- Length: 82.8 inches
- Width: 47.4 inches
- Height: 48.0 inches
- Wheelbase: 50.0 inches
- Seat Height: 34.2 inches
- Ground Clearance: 7.5 inches
- Curb Weight: 646 pounds (includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel—ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 3.9 gallons, including 1.3-gallon reserve
- Turning Radius: 10.5 feet
- Model ID: TRX520FM2
- Emissions: Meets current EPA CARB (California) off-road emissions standards.
- Available Colors: Red, Olive
- Note: Recommended for riders 16 years of age and older.
- One Year: Transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Engine Type
- OHV longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore x Stroke
- 96mm x 71.5mm
- Engine Cooling
- Fuel System
- Starting System
- Electric with optional auxiliary recoil
- Front Suspension
- Independent double-wishbone
- Front Travel
- 7.28 in.
- Front Brake Type
- Dual hydraulic 190mm disc
- Front Tires
- 25 x 8-12
- Rear Suspension
- Swingarm with single shock
- Rear Travel
- 7.28 in.
- Rear Brake Type
- Sealed 160mm mechanical drum
- Rear Tires
- 25 x 10-12
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 646 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.9 gal., including 1.3-gal. reserve
- Ground Clearance
- 7.5 in.
- Machine Dimensions (LxWxH)
- 82.8 in. x 47.4 in. x 48.0 in.
- 50.0 in.
- Final Drive
- Direct front and rear driveshafts with TraxLok and front differential lock
- Five-speed with Reverse
- Red, Olive
- One Year Transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.